We handle your data in accordance with the principles of the GDPR and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any information and data that you provide will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may update this policy occasionally. We will give advance notice to our registered customers for major changes.
Data collection and usage
1. On our Website
The following categories of data are collected and processed on our website (mailstudio.app) in accordance with the policies and legal basis set forth by the GDPR:
- In order to fulfill our contractual obligation to you and maintain your user account on our service, we collect a name and an email address. This data is long lived and required for the functioning of the software. We may periodically send important product updates to your email address, which is in our legitimate interest for growing our business. You have full control over the emails you receive from us and can unsubscribe at any time.
- As a standard prerequisite for the functioning of our websites (mailstudio.app as well as the help system and forum), our servers collect and log visitors' IP addresses. This is in accordance with our contractual obligation of providing you with access to our websites. This data is retained for a maximum of 2 months and is pruned automatically.
- Our forum system is independent of our main website. You register there voluntarily by providing an email address, a password, and (optionally) a name, which are required for the contractual obligation of providing you with the forum service. This data is only used to facilitate your participation in the forum and you can edit it and close your account from the forum's account settings page. You can edit and delete the topics and posts you write there at any time.
- As part of our offering, we provide customer support for our products. This is conducted via email and through the contact/bug report forms on our website. The data that you provide to us can include email address and name. This data is processed for the contractual obligation of assisting you with our products and is deleted when support tickets are closed.
- For statistical purposes, we employ the use of Google Analytics (their privacy and data policies). They collect anonymized and non-identifiable information that helps us improve our services.
2. Through our Software
Our installable software application gives you the ability to create custom templates and share components with your team mates. These data categories are collected and stored on our servers on the lawful basis of meeting our contractual obligation to you. Depending on what you share/upload, these may contain personal information. You can delete this data and download a copy of it from the application itself.
Additionally, our application may report errors and crashes to our servers for the purpose of improving the quality of our software. This data does not contain any personal information, only technical descriptions of errors like stack traces.
We share information with service providers, as required by law, and in connection with the protection and enforcement of our contractual and legal rights.
We share your information with service providers who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. This includes: payment processing, providing customer service, sending marketing communications, conducting research and analysis and providing cloud computing infrastructure. The legal basis for sharing this information is our legitimate interest in providing our services efficiently and we implement measures to safeguard your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and store.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, and maintain your logged in state. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our partners, Google Analytics log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and don't collect any personally identifiable information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or want it erased, reach out to us via our contact form or email address. We will honor your requests in accordance with the principles of the GDPR.Last change — January 2021